Ring our main switchboard number on 0121 453 8211 to book an appointment. We offer routine appointments which can be pre-booked in advance. If the surgeries become full, we will offer emergency appointments to deal with any pressing problem that cannot be left for another day.
- Urgent/Emergency cases are seen on the day.
- Tell us if you are in a telephone box or not at your usual address in case we need to ring you back. Say immediately if your call is an emergency.
- Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can give you a longer appointment if necessary.
- Tell us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or a private room to discuss any matters. Remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient.
You can book to have a telephone consultation with a doctor. He or she will ring you at an agreed time on the telephone number you have given. If you are only available on a mobile phone, you will be expected to ring the practice at the agreed time.
Frankley Health Centre is a member of My Healthcare and can offer evening and weekend face to face GP, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant appointments from Burbury, Fernbank, Fernley, Harborne, River Brook and West Heath Hubs. The extended hours appointments will be booked by our reception staff as usual but patients will be seen at whichever Hub is the most convenience for them. The addresses of the 5 Hubs plus the telephone numbers to ring if you needed to cancel or change an appointment are:
- West Heath Medical Centre, 194-196 West Heath Road, Birmingham B31 3HB. Appointment cancellation telephone No. 0121 483 2122
- Burbury Medical Centre, 311 Burbury Street, Birmingham B19 1TT. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 07424 041608
- Fernbank Medical Centre, 508-516 Alum Rock Road, Birmingham B8 3HX. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 0121 326 3600
- Fernley Medical Centre, 560 Stratford Road, Birmingham B11 4AN. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 07561 109028
- Harborne Medical Practice, 4 York Street, Birmingham B17 0HG. Appointment cancellation telephone No. 0121 427 5246
- River Brook Medical Centre, 3 River Brook Drive, Birmingham B30 2SH. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 0121 433 8910
Appointments are available through My Healthcare from 08:00 – 09.00, 18:00 – 20:00, Saturdays and Sundays, depending on availability
We are also able to offer our patients telephone consultations with either a GP or pharmacist based in MyHealthcare’s Virtual Hub at West Heath Medical Centre. The call will be booked by our reception staff for a time that is convenient to you.
You can help us by:
Being on time for your appointment – if you arrive late for your appointment you will be requested to re-book.
Letting us know if you need to cancel.
We can arrange interpretation and translation services in person or by phone for patients who do not speak English. Please let us know if you need this service when booking an appointment.
Specialist and Hospital Care
If a GP or another member of our health care team believes you need hospital treatment or specialist care elsewhere, they will refer you the appropriate provider who will write to you with an appointment date.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.